Sunday 30 June 2013

Shearsmith talks An Adventure in Space and Time

Actor and comedian Reece Shearsmith has spoken briefly about playing Patrick Troughton in the 50th Anniversary docudrama, An Adventure in Space and Time.
Reece-Shearsmith-Patrick-Troughton-adventure Shearsmith told Digital Spy it is only a small scene: “I was honoured to be part of it. I think [Mark Gatiss] just always had this idea that I would [play Troughton]. It’s very small – I’m literally only in a very small little bit, but it was lovely to be part of it.”

He added: “Mark was in his absolute element, wandering around the TARDIS… the attention to detail was immaculate. He’s done a really good rendering of that time and that story. I think it’s a real treat.”

Of course, Shearsmith is asked about the possibility of himself becoming the 12th Doctor.

“Oh God, no! I’ve literally not even thought about it. I’ve had a few people tweeting me that, saying, ‘You should be the Doctor’… I’m like, ‘What??’ It could be literally anyone. I can’t imagine who we’re gonna get. But it would be good to go older, I think, because they’ve done two younger ones."
Source

No comments: