Monday 17 June 2013

Red Dwarf star interested in Doctor Who




Craig Charles has stated that he would be interested in becoming the Twelth Doctor.

The 50 year old star is known to millions of sci-fi fans as Lister from Red Dwarf, said he would be up for becoming the first black Doctor. Even though he admits the chances of becoming the Doctor are slim, it would be an honour to trade in Starbug for the TARDIS, he is happy treading the cobbles of Coronation Street.

But he admitted he would have to grit his teeth if he got the gig as he thinks the effects on the iconic show are 'rubbish'.

Craig said: "Yeah, having a black Doctor Who would be double cool.

"To be asked by the Beeb would be great, its such a classic show.

"But I think there would probably be too much cross-over with Red Dwarf, as we've got a new series lined up next year.

"Also, I would have to grit my teeth a bit, because the thing about Dr Who that always annoyed me was the graphics are crap.

"But, even if I can't be the first black Doctor, I am the first black man to own a house on Corrie, which is as good a claim to fame."





No comments: