Friday 26 September 2008

Tennant suffers 'Doctor Who' withdrawal

Thursday, September 25 2008, 19:41 BST

By Ben Rawson-Jones, Cult Editor
Tennant suffers 'Doctor Who' withdrawal David Tennant has revealed that he is missing his Doctor Who colleagues during his sabbatical from the hit show.

The actor, who is starring alongside Patrick Stewart in a Royal Shakespeare Company production of Hamlet, said he loves everything about the BBC series.

"I'm excited to be doing Hamlet," he told Doctor Who Magazine, "but I have got very at home in Cardiff. I love that crew. I love that set-up. I love the show, so I'm missing that. I miss Russell's writing."

"It's nice to know that I'm coming back," he continued, referring to the four specials due to be filmed in 2009. "I'll be reminded of [Doctor Who] in some shape or form pretty much every day until I start filming again in January."

Tennant also joked that "Shakespeare's all right, but he's lacking in spaceships".

(Digital Spy)

No comments: