Tuesday 19 August 2008

Voyage of the Damned Script Auctioned



A signed script of last year's Christmas special, Voyage of the Damned, has been sold at an auction for £1,100.

The script, which was signed by David Tennant, was won by fan Daniel Simmonds at a recent charity auction organised by DLA Piper legal services. Their aim was to raise money for hospices in the Sheffield and Rotherham area.

"I'm thrilled to have secured the script," Simmonds said. "I'm a life long fan of Doctor Who and have been collecting memorabilia for more than 25 years.

"I saw the auction advertised on a fan site and knew I had to bid, particularly as both my children are now massive fans of the show too."

Richard Norman, from DLA Piper, helped to organise the fundraiser and added: "Daniel was a phone bidder on the night and I'm really pleased that a true collector and fan of the show has secured this script, raising lots of money for charity at the same time."

No comments: