Saturday 26 July 2008

Simon says No

Simon Pegg has ruled out taking the lead role in Doctor Who, reports Wired.

The Hot Fuzz actor, who appeared in the sci-fi show as a guest star in 2005, admitted that he would not want to replace David Tennant for fear of ruining the series.

He said: "Being the Doctor? I don't think I'd do it for two reasons. One, I'm really loving doing movies. I'm really enjoying working in the US. Second, I really love Doctor Who and I'd hate to have to sit down every Saturday night and have it be me. "

"David's done such an incredible job, he's gonna be a tough act to follow. It would feel awful if I just went and balled up the franchise by just being rubbish."

Pegg's next film How To Lose Friends & Alienate People, in which he co-stars with Gillian Anderson and Megan Fox, is scheduled for release in the UK on October 3.

No comments: