Wednesday 2 July 2008

James Nesbtt - I know nothing about being the 11th Doctor

Just browsing the BBC Press Office page and saw this >>



"I know nothing about being the next Doctor Who," James Nesbitt tells Graham Norton


This week's guests on The Graham Norton Show on BBC Two are James Nesbitt, Catherine Tate and The Kooks.

In the last show of the current series, James Nesbitt talks about the fact that bookies are offering odds of 6-1 on him being the next Doctor Who.

He tells Graham: "I know nothing about that. I wouldn't put a lot of money on it.

"I would find it very hard to follow David Tennant [but] my daughters would worship me forever because they're obsessed by it."

And Graham also gets to the bottom of reports of James getting entangled with Uma Thurman at a party thrown by Elton John.

The Murphy's Law star says: "I met her inadvertently. Bill Clinton was at the next table and towards the end of the evening I thought I should thank him for sorting out Ireland, and I was standing on – and ripping – Uma Thurman's train. She wasn't that pleased – someone lifted me and moved me."

Catherine Tate tells Graham that she'd like to return to her hit comedy series.

She says: "Not right now, but I wouldn't rule it out – specials or something with the old lady character."

And there's music from The Kooks, performing live in the studio.

The Graham Norton Show returns for a new series in the autumn.

The Graham Norton Show is a So Television production for BBC Two.

The Graham Norton Show, 9.45pm, Thursday 3 July 2008, BBC Two

No comments: